What are the requirements?
Civil Air Patrol cadets make a commitment to the organization and to themselves. All cadets are held to a high standard of professionalism and appearance.
- Age 12 through 18 at initial sign up, although cadets may continue through age 20.
- Enrolled in, or graduated from, a private, public, home school or college program with a satisfactory record of academic achievement.
- Not a member of the active duty Armed Forces. Does not include Guard or Reserve personnel.
- Be a citizen of the United States of America, or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence.
- Be of good moral character.
- If former cadet, must not have been terminated for misconduct.
How much does it cost?
The annual cadet membership dues are $40.00, paid to National Headquarters via the member’s online portal, eServices.
The Airman Battle Uniform (or ABU) is the first required uniform for all cadets. ABU Coat, ABU Trouser, ABU Cap, ABU Belt, Boot Bands (2 pair), “Civil Air Patrol” Uniform Tape, Name Tape, Cadet Airman Grade Insignia and black combat boots. These items may need to be purchased if we do not have the proper items/sizes in the squadron “closet.”
*Different yearly activities and uniform items as the cadet progresses through the program may be at an additional cost. Financial assistance is available!