What are the requirements?
Civil Air Patrol cadets make a commitment to the organization and themselves, and all cadets are held to a high standard of professionalism and appearance.
- Age 12 through 18 (initial membership), cadets may continue through age 20.
- Enrolled in, or graduated from, a private, public, home school or college program with a satisfactory record of academic achievement.
- Not a member of the active duty Armed Forces. Does not include Guard or Reserve personnel.
- Be a citizen of the United States of America, or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence.
- Good moral character.
- If former cadet, must not have been terminated for misconduct.
How much does it cost?
The annual cadet membership dues are $40.00, paid directly to National Headquarters via the member’s online service site, eServices. Cadets will receive a reminder about 60 days before their membership expires each year.
The Airman Battle Uniform (or ABU) is the first required uniform for all cadets. ABU Coat, ABU Trouser, ABU Cap, ABU Belt, Boot Bands (2 pair), “Civil Air Patrol” Uniform Tape, Name Tape, Cadet Airman Grade Insignia and black combat boots. These items may need to be purchased if we do not have the proper items in the squadron “closet.”
Upon completion of the Great Start training program and Achievement 1, Civil Air Patrol will send each cadet a $100.00 voucher to assist with the purchase of the Blues uniform. You will learn more during Welcome & Orientation night.
*Additional costs may include different activities offered through the year, and additional uniform items as the cadet progresses through the program. Financial assistance is available for all costs.